UPDATE: Final programme online – download here! Application still possible!
EUSJA study trip to Heidelbergfrom 18 to 20 of July 2011 to see 2 famous research institutes – DKFZ (German Cancer Research Centre) and EMBL (European Molecular Biology Laboratory).
EUSJA has 25 invitations.
Journalists will be offered accommodation (3 nights), meal and travel to/from Frankfurtairport for free.
Applications (name, position in media, e-mail) should be sent via national associations by April 20.
Sunday 17 July
- Arrival at Hotel ISG, Heidelberg
Monday 18 July
- 9.00 – 16.00 Introduction to EMBL: Presentation of research highlights /Tour to EMBL laboratories
- 16.00 Greetings from Iain Mattaj, Director General EMBL
- 16.15 Presentation of EUROSCIENCE Media awards. Keynote lecture: Clive Cookson, Science editor, Financial Times
- 18.00 Evening reception in the EMBL Advanced Training Centre
Tuesday 19 July
EMBL Heidelberg: Presentation of research highlights / Visit of EMBL core facilities / One-to one interviews with scientists
- 13.00 Departure to DKFZ Heidelberg / DKFZ afternoon and evening programme
Wednesday 20 July
- DKFZ programme
- 16.00 Departure