Nucleus is a 4-year EU Horizon2020 project that started on 1.9.2015. In this project EUSJA has a special task of science journalism ethics and developing a digital toolbox about ethics, especially regarding questions about responsibilities in science and innovation, i.e. emerging technologies, innovation hype, cherry picking of scientific evidence, etc. The network will be open to all science journalists, students and teachers across Europe.
We need an ambitious coordinating team to keep the network alive with high quality content.
The coordinator team must:
- be from an EUSJA member organisation
- consist of professional full-time journalists with press accreditations
- introduce independent critical thinking and journalism ethics perspectives into the network
- be digitally advanced with knowledge of updating WordPress and have full competency with editing tools (photos, audio and video)
- be social media savvy and with proven activity record
- be willing to work closely with the EUSJA Strasbourg office and its Executive secretary who is EUSJA’s representative in the NUCLEUS project consortium and with the project management team in Cleves (Germany)
- participate in the development of the EUSJA digital toolbox
- be prepared to represent its work in meetings and seminars
- have proven skills to operate and communicate professionally in English
- declare conflicts of interest for transparency reasons
Welcome to the most innovative science journalism project in Europe!
Applications by 20 Dec 2015 – Work starts on 15th Jan 2016
More information: Johanne Martinez-Schmitt: email@example.com