The organisers of Europe’s largest general science event, EuroScience Open Forum, invite journalists from around the world to apply for media travel grants. It is expected that 250 media representatives will be at the science forum in Copenhagen from 21-26 June 2014.
The slogan of EuroScience Open Forum 2014 in Copenhagen is ‘Science Building Bridges’. One of the main objectives of the event is to build links between the media and the research community by providing a platform where journalists can discuss and report on the latest scientific developments.
EuroScience Open Forum 2014 (ESOF2014) will offer an extensive media programme for journalists, editors, bloggers and social media operators with six days of activities in The Carlsberg City District, where both the science forum and the festival Science in the City take place.
To secure that journalists from a broad range of news organisations take part, ESOF2014 has announced a Media Travel Grant Scheme. The call for applications for the grant has now opened – to read more please go to http://esof2014.org/media-room/media-travel-grant.
About EuroScience Open Forum 2014 in Copenhagen
· EuroScience Open Forum 2014 takes place from 21- 26 June.
· The event consists of a forum with numerous scientific sessions and a science festival.
· The Science in the City Festival is a free-admission event open to the public.
· Journalists can apply for free media accreditation.
· Both the forum and the festival will take place in The Carlsberg City District.
The programme at EuroScience Open Forum 2014
· 405 speakers from 39 countries are confirmed for the forum (February 2014)
· 41 percent of the speakers are female (February 2014)
· The Nobel Laureates Serge Haroche, Collège de France, Brian Schmidt, Australian National University, Ada Yonath, Weizmann Institute of Science, and Venkatraman Ramakrishnan, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, will be among the speakers.
About EuroScience Open Forum
EuroScience Open Forum is a biannual event, which was first held in Stockholm in 2004. Since then, it has been held in Munich (2006), Barcelona (2008), Torino (2010) and Dublin (2012).
ESOF was created by Euroscience, the grass-root organisation for science, technology and innovation in Europe.
For further information, please contact:
Press Officer Peter Krause, EuroScience Open Forum 2014
T: +45 91 33 79 15