The EuroTech Universities Alliance seeks an:
Editor for New European Science & Technology Website
Place of work TBD
Be a part of a new and exciting communication platform for European science and technology, discovery and innovation.
The EuroTech Universities Alliance is a dynamic partnership that brings together four leading European technical universities (TU/e (Netherlands), TUM (Germany), DTU (Denmark) and EPFL (Switzerland)) to develop technical solutions for the major challenges our society faces. The Alliance actively promotes joint projects in the fields of research, education, innovation & entrepreneurship.
As part of its communication strategy, the Alliance seeks an editor to launch, manage and develop a new on-line portal for cutting-edge science, innovation and technology. The web portal will be launched along with a new print magazine, bringing exciting developments in technology to the general public and making cutting-edge research relevant and accessible.
With a degree in science or journalism, you are an experienced writer/science journalist/editor with a strong interest in science and technology, education and politics. Skilled in developing and managing online editorial strategy and content, you are creative with good technical knowledge of new media, online content management (in particular WordPress) and search engine optimisation. A basic understanding of html and photo editing is desirable. A fluent English-speaker and writer, you have an international outlook and an ability to work in a multicultural environment (working knowledge of an additional language such as French or German is an advantage). Self-motivated and able to work independently, you have good interpersonal skills and are able to create and activate networks and work with different teams of people.
Your main tasks:
- Development and launch of the website in collaboration with the Alliance partners and external web developers
- Regular liaison with all Alliance partners (University partners and Brussels office) to identify potential content. Some travel to Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland or Brussels will be required.
- Day-to-day content management for the website including:
- Creating original news and commentary pieces for website
- Developing and liaising with a network of freelancers for creation of original content (text and graphics)
- Curating and editing other newsworthy content
- Promotion and SEO for the website
- Managing budgets and reporting
The post will be available initially as a fixed-term contract or on a consultancy basis and you will ideally be based in one of the partner countries.
For more information and applications (including a short CV with links to examples of your previous work and cover letter), contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 31st March 2014
Starting date: as soon as possible
[article posted on behalf of Olivier Dessibourg]